Sunday, September 30, 2012

My introduction

            Hi everyone, My name is Hui-Wen Hsiao (Wendy). I'm from Taipei Taiwan. My parents, they both are businessman. And I have one sister who is 3 years older than me. In our family, we always like to traveling. We have been to lot of  places such as Japan, Canada, China and other countries. So that's why my partens think English is very important language that my sister and I have to learn it. There are two to three languages that I speak Chinese, English and Taiwanese. I have been to study high school in Oregon for almost four years. Sometimes people got shock and ask me why i'm still in ESL. Because I don't really like to study so my listening and speaking are good enough to get in to college level but my reding and writing are still really bad at it. So that's why I'm still here. My favorite subject is PE class and least favorite subject is Math class. Because I like to talk to my friends or listen to them while they are talking, so let helps me a lot in listening and speaking. I major is  Culinary Arts so that's why I chose Seattle Central Community College.Because I love to eat and cook. My goal is to finish it as soon as possible so I can go back to Taiwan and figure it out of my future or helping my parents business. My friends and family are always describe me as a happy person all the time, becasue I love to smile and laugh. My favorite website that to hlep my English is Youtube or movies. Even though sometimes I don't understand of everything what people are talking about, but I will still try my best to understand it. So everyone can try it, because this is really helpful for listening and speaking. And finally thank you everyone for reading my short introduction also sorry for some mistake grammar. HA HA HA


 
 



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Wendy. Nice to meet you.
    Had you lived in OR for 4 years? Yeah, I understand we need writing and reading skills to go on to college because I was always wondering why people from South America,whose speaking and listening skills were really good, were still studying in ESL when I went to another school. The reason was that they didn't do well in grammar. So maybe they might have trouble in writing. In my case, listening, writing, speaking....... almost all are not good. Anyway, I hope we can enjoy studying and our dreams will come true!
    See you in class :-) ps. I love eating, especially Chinese food!

    ReplyDelete